Open Mic night
Sign up 6:30pm // Show starts 7:00pm
Play your song on the Caffe’s famous stage! During the past three decades, Lena’s open mic has been recognized with “Best Of” awards from Metroland Magazine, The Alt Weekly, The Saratogian Reader’s Poll and Saratoga’s Fab Five. Just like at our weekend shows, all attention is focused on the stage.
First Monday – Rick Bolton
Second Monday – Carolyn Shapiro
Third Monday – Ray Pashoukos
Fourth Monday – Kate Blain
Here’s what to expect:
- Every Monday. All ages, all styles. Originals encouraged but not required.
- Please leave a $3-$5 donation for our non-profit organization if you’re able to.
- Sign-up is 6:30 PM to 7:00 PM / Show at 7:00 / 2 songs or 10 minutes /
- Sign up is first come first serve
- You are welcome to use our Yamaha studio upright acoustic piano or acoustic Martin guitar. We can play your MP3 backing track through our sound system. You are welcome to bring amps and drums BUT set up and break down is part of your 10 minutes.
- Full table service (see menu). No alcohol! We like to keep our Monday nights family friendly.
- Play Nice! We foster a diverse community that has a great time making art and helping one another get better. Excessive profanity, explicit sexual themes, and “humor” that unkindly targets a specific group undermines this goal. It is up to the discretion of the host to enforce the house standards.
If you have any questions you can give us a call at 518-583-0022 or email our Monday House Manager: Reese @caffelena.org