Caffè Lena at SPAC
Mavis 80: A Newport Folk Revival
Be a part of Newport Folk Festival’s Folk on Revival Weekend with an exclusive screening of ‘Mavis 80: A Newport Folk Revival,’ at Saratoga Performing Arts Center
Friday, July 31st 8:00pm
Since fans can’t be together at the festival’s usual site, Newport Folk and Caffe Lena are bringing the music to Saratoga Performing Arts Center with a very special screening of Mavis Staples’ 80th Birthday Celebration.
The event will be held on the lawns at SPAC and will be streamed on their brand new LED screen which is affixed to their brand new concessions plaza , “The Pines.” Your ticket will cover a 10 x 10 box which can accommodate a maximum of two people. Mazzone Hospitality will be providing a cash bar and complimentary snacks; patrons will not be permitted to bring their own alcohol.
The SPAC lawn is the only place where the concert will be streamed in person, with a limited capacity of only 50 people, and with carefully mapped out, socially-distanced seating and rigorous COVID protocols.
The broadcast ‘Mavis 80, A Newport Folk Revival,’ is the premiere of Mavis Staples’ 80th birthday celebration previously recorded live in Los Angeles at The Theatre At Ace Hotel on May 22, 2019. The Los Angeles finale followed shows in New York and Nashville. Staples was joined by Jason Isbell, Phoebe Bridgers, Brandi Carlile, M. Ward, Talking Heads’ Jerry Harrison, Dawes’ Griffin and Taylor Goldsmith, Benjamin Booker, Ben Harper, Lucius, Trombone Shorty, Joe Henry, Son Little, the War & Treaty, and more. Proceeds from this event will go to support the continued work of Newport Festivals Foundation to support artists and music education programs during these trying times.
This is a rain or shine event, please plan accordingly
- Parking: Please enter from the Avenue of the Pines at the Saratoga Auto Museum (110 Avenue of the Pines). Please follow the signs upon arrival and refer to the map below. Unfortunately, due to the circumstances surrounding Covid-19, courtesy cart rides will not be available.
- Entrance: All attendees will enter through the Hall of Springs Gate. Please follow posted signage and the map below.
- Check-in and Screening: Check in will be at the Hall of Springs Box Office where each guest will need to complete a health-screening questionnaire for contact tracing purposes. Those questions are below. If the answer to any of those questions is “yes” entry will not be allowed.
- In the last 14 days, have you experienced any of these symptoms? Fever greater than 100°, cough, sore throat, respiratory illness or difficulty breathing.
- In the last 14 days, have you tested positive for COVID-19?
- In the last 14 days, have you knowingly been in close or proximate contact with anyone who has symptoms of COVID-19 or has tested positive?
- PPE: All guests are required to wear a facemask that covers the mouth and nose. Masks must be worn at all times when patrons are moving throughout the grounds. Guests may choose to remove their masks only if they are seated in their reserved box.
- Social Distancing: While inside the gates, guests are responsible for maintaining social distancing, remaining 6ft apart whenever possible. 10 x 10 boxes will be marked on the grounds and separated appropriately to ensure social distancing. Each box can contain a maximum of 2 persons.
- Restrooms: Restrooms will be available and will modified to accommodate social distancing and maximum occupancy will be monitored. Restrooms will be cleaned and high-risk contact areas and touch points will be sanitized frequently.
- Permitted Items: Guests will be asked to keep items brought with them to a minimum.
- Only essential personal belongings (e.g. immediate medical needs)
- Factory Sealed Water
- Personal Umbrellas
- Prohibited Items
- Non-essential items (Frisbees, yard games, etc)
- Wagons/Soft or Hard Coolers
- Beach Umbrellas