Play your song on the Caffe’s famous stage at Open Mic Night! During the past three decades, Lena’s open mic has been recognized with “Best Of” awards from Metroland Magazine, The Alt Weekly, The Saratogian Reader’s Poll and Saratoga’s Fab Five. Just like at our weekend shows, all attention is focused on the stage.
Monday Open Mic
- All ages, all styles.
- FREE – Please leave a $3-$5 donation for our non-profit organization if you’re able to.
- Sign-ups start at 6:30 PM / Show at 7:00 PM / 2 songs or 10 minutes / Sign up is first come first serve
- You are welcome to use our Yamaha studio upright acoustic piano or acoustic guitar. We can play your MP3 backing track through our sound system. You are welcome to bring amps and drums BUT set up and break down is part of your 10 minutes.
- Full table service (see menu). No alcohol.
- Play Nice! We foster a diverse community that has a great time making art and helping one another get better. Excessive profanity, explicit sexual themes, and “humor” that unkindly targets a specific group undermines this goal. It is up to the discretion of the host to enforce the house standards.
Storytelling Open Mic
- First Tuesday of the month Admission is $5
- Signup starts at 6:30 PM, tellings begin at 7:00 PM.
- We have one rule: no notes– just tell us your story from memory!
- Open mic tellers have a 10 minute limit.
Poetry Open Mic
- First Wednesday of the month. Admission is $5.
- Sign-up starts at 6:30 PM. Readings begin at 7:00 PM.
- Two short poems (less than one page) or one longer poem, with a limit of 5 minutes altogether.
- A featured poet reads for 20 minutes. Featured poets are booked by host Carol Graser. Generally, our features are established, published poets and/or have made significant public contributions to the regional poetry scene.