Please email questions or resume & cover letter to Executive Director Sarah Craig, firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Statement of Duties and Responsibilities
This is a part-time position responsible for creating an orderly and welcoming office, overseeing maintenance of facilities, and facilitating communication among staff and volunteers. It is an hourly position that reports to the Executive Director and supports the activities of all staff members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Answer incoming phone calls, retrieve voicemail, distribute messages to staff.
- Greet and manage daytime visitors, volunteers and service personnel.
- Ensure that mail and bank receipts are collected at least 3x per week and distributed to staff.
- Manage incoming donations & donor records. Ensure that donations are recorded and acknowledged promptly. Produce mailing materials and oversee preparation of mailings. Generate renewal notices and reminders to members. See that members receive designated benefits. Work with Development staff to keep solicitation materials current and appealing.
- Oversee supply ordering and routine equipment and facility maintenance for all operations. This includes oversight of janitorial staff.
- Review, submit and file performer contracts. Ensure that advance payments are submitted on time. Distribute tech, hospitality and marketing riders to appropriate staff. Record contract details in SalesForce.
- Track tenant rent payments and facilitate communication between tenants, property manager, and Board Facilities Committee.
- Keep government licenses current. This includes scheduling annual health and fire safety inspections, and processing renewal of cabaret, liquor and other licenses as needed.
- Other office manager duties as assigned by Executive Director.
Other Non-essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support Marketing Manager with creation of show flyers and posting of events to online calendars.
- Record outgoing voicemail announcement weekly.
- Supervise office volunteers and interns.
- Must have access to a cell phone and computer.
- Participation in staff meetings is mandatory.
- Prefer previous experience working in a non-profit organization.
- Computer skills: familiarity with Microsoft Office required. Knowledge of SalesForce and Mailchimp is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Physical effort and dexterity: this position will be required to occasionally lift and carry up to 25 pounds. Some stooping and kneeling will be necessary.
- Environment and scheduling: 80% of the job is spent sitting and 20% is spent standing and walking.
Candidates whose disability makes them unable to perform a non-essential job function will still be considered fully qualified for the position if they can perform the essential functions with reasonable accommodations.
Hours and Compensation
This is a part-time, hourly position that is non-exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act and New York Labor Law. It is expected to consume approximately 25 hours per week, on average. Position will require some weekend and evening hours.